Amazing Asa Name Meaning And Births Since 1840
Asa name means Physician or a medical professional and was stemmed from Hebrew. Asa name is a name that’s been utilized by parents that are considering unisex or non-gendered child names — baby names that can be made use of for any gender.
Asa name definition
Asa name in Japanese ways indicates “Birthed at Dawn.” Asa name is a scriptural personality, the kid of Abijam, and additionally the 3rd king of the Kingdom of Judah, and after disuse, the name was revived by 17th century Puritans.
In Biblical Names, the meaning of the Asa name also means a Doctor; physician, therapist
Asa name meaning and origin
Asa is the name provided to a Scriptural king of Judah in the Old Testament, the father of Jehoshaphat. The definition isn’t entirely clear, however, it is thought to more than most likely originate from the Hebrew אָסָא meaning “therapist, doctor.”
The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Vocabulary recommend that it was possibly an “apocopatic [endings cut short] theophoric name” in the very same blood vessel as Raphael indicating “healer of God.”
Asa additionally looks like a different name in numerous other languages:
— Asa is a Welsh variation of Saint Asaph’s name. The name Asaph is a Scriptural Hebrew name definition “fanatic”.
— Åsa is a Scandinavian name that works as a short form of womanly names beginning As-, eventually originated from the Old Norse aspect áss “god”.
— Asa is an Igbo Nigerian name (commonly womanly) with the definition “sensational”.
— In Sanskrit, Asa indicates “hope, feature, purpose, dream”. It additionally suggests “hope” in Punjabi, Indonesian, and Filipino.
Asa name popularity
Asa name usage
Like numerous Old Testimony names, Asa began to be taken advantage of in Britain in the 16th century, though it never saw the precise same success as the likes of Abraham, Joshua or Josiah. Likewise like a variety of numerous other unidentified Scriptural names, Asa had a lot more usage in America (contrast Ezra) than it in the past had in Britain.
Births for Asa in the England and also Wales Birth Index:
1840s: 87 births
1850s: 121 births
1860s: 202 births
1870s: 225 births
1880s: 156 births
1890s: 115 births
1900s: 71 births
1910s: 40 births
1920s: 29 births
1930s: 11 births
1940s: 8 births
1950s: 10 births
1960s: 13 births
1970s: 458 births
Asa as a baby boy name was just within the leading 250 in 1860 and likewise 1880 and around the # 300 mark in the rest of the second half of the 19th century. It ended up being very uncommon by the mid-20th century, seeing a small rebirth in the 1970s, although it can likewise be utilized as a baby girl name.
Since 1996, Asa name has actually had rather normal use around the # 600 mark with an average of 40 births each year.
It came to a head at # 608 in 2016 with 59 births. In this year, it was most common in the North West (# 394) and also West Midlands (# 400).
In 2018, Asa ranked # 665 with 52 births.
In Scotland, Asa has really only placed in 25 years out of 44 from 1974 to 2018 with no greater than 4 births in any kind of provided year.
In 2017, it was rated # 915 with 2 births however was unranked in 2018.
Famous Bearer of Asa Name
* Asa Wentworth Jr. (1797-1882), American business owner and likewise a politician.
* Asa Lovejoy (1808– 1882), American businessperson and political leader.
* Asa Gray (1810– 1888), American botanist.
* Asa Biggs (1811– 1878), American politician.
* Asa C. Matthews (1833– 1908), American lawyer, court, and politician.
* Asa S. Bushnell (1834– 1904), American politician, 40th Guv of Ohio.
* Asa Griggs Candler (1851– 1929), designer of the Coca-Cola firm.
* Asa Yoelson (1886– 1950), the real name of singer Al Jolson.
* Asa Briggs (1921– 2016), British chronicler.
* Asa Kasher (birthed 1940), Israeli thinker and also a linguist.
* Asa Hartford (born 1950), Scottish football gamer and instructor.
* Asa Andrew (birthed 1971), American physician and radio host.
* Aṣa (birthed 1982), Nigerian-French females singer-songwriter.
* Asa Hall (birthed 1986), English footballer.
* Asa Butterfield (birthed 1997), British celebrity.
Literature and Other Media:
* Asa Hawks, an individuality in the novel Wise Blood (1952) by Flannery O’Connor and the film of the same name.